Whether you are an experienced professional or just getting familiar with the industry, you will find keynotes & panels comprised of world class speakers presenting the latest innovations and disruptive forces in the new area of TV advertising and digital media, exchanging ideas and examining the key trends and what they mean for brands, agencies and publishers.
08:30 - 09:00 | Welcoming Speech | 30 mins
09:00 - 09:05 | Welcoming Speech
Pascal Orhan- CEO Dataxis
09:05 - 09:20 | Welcoming Speech
09:20 - 09:40 | One to One Session | 20 mins
Country Focus South Africa: Turning advertising and marketing challenges into opportunities
09:40 - 10:25 | Panel Discussion
- Overview: TV, mobile and internet penetration
- Advertising opportunity in South Africa
- Challenges and prospects of Advertising practice
- Digital Advertising in South Africa: overview of trends, challenges & benefits
Melanie Campbell - Head of Marketing, Pernod-RicardBonnie Robinson - Senior Public Relations Consultant, Meropa CommunicationsWayne Bishop - Managing Director, AMASAKatinka Pretorius - Managing director, Sunshinegun
10:30 - 11:00 | Networking Activity | 30 mins
Shifting TV viewing habits and usage of multiple devices: How to adapt to that reality?
11:00 - 11:45 | Panel Discussion
- How can the TV still be relevant in a tablet and smartphone age?
- Diversification of TV: introduction of multi-platform to attract young audience
- The breakthrough of wearable screens: impact on traditional TV
- How is chatterboxing changing viewing behaviour?
Maher Eldaly - Marketing Director Africa & India, DanoneVeronica Wainstein - Managing Director, Penquin Media AgencyFelix Kessel - CEO SA, Owen Kessel Leo BurnettLanga Khanyile - Chocolate Equity Lead MEA, Mondelez InternationalGraham Deneys - Group Strategy Director, Carat SA & SSA
Measuring TV and Video advertising in Africa: How can audience measurement help Ad buyers?
11:45 - 12:30 | Panel Discussion
- Shifts in the media landscape: Overview of Ads spent in Africa
- How advertisers can capitalize on changes in the media marketplace?
- Why the rush toward digital advertising?
- Convergence of digital and traditional advertising
Jordan Wallace - CEO, Gorilla Creative MediaMolemo Moahloli - GM Media Measurement, Director, GfK South AfricaNanzala Mwaura - Head, Ipsos Connect, IpsosMatthew Arnold - Head of Media & Analytics, NativeMatthias Riedl - CEO, DCMN
12:30 - 13:30 | Networking Activity | 60 mins
Turning Media Complexity into a business opportunity
13:30 - 14:15 | Panel Discussion
- Overview of the changes affecting the media industry
- How is media business model evolving, and what are the consequences?
- Understanding consumer needs and how to simplify communication through digital media?
Heidi Nelson - Managing Director, Saatchi & SaatchiShukri Toefy - CEO, FortChristel Olmesdahl - Marketing and Social Media Manager, Timberland EMEA
14:15 - 14:35 | One to One Session | 20 mins
Aljazeera Media Network
Taahir Hoorzook - Manager of Content Partnership - Audience Engagement & Development Director, AlJazeera Media Network
OTT: what does the OTT rise mean to brands?
14:35 - 15:20 | Panel Discussion | 50 mins
- State of OTT market in Africa
- What impacts will the evolution of OTT have on advertising in Africa?
- Opportunities for brands: Interactive videos, Sponsoring content and original content
Molemo Moahloli - GM Media Measurement, Director, GfK South AfricaLevon Rivers - Head of Inventions, NativeClaire Opperman - Social Media Manager, Flight CentreIfeoma Agu - Brand Manager- Malta Guinness & Non Alcoholic Drinks, Guinness Nigeria Plc
15:20 - 15:50 | Networking Activity | 30 mins
15:20 - 15:40 | One to One Session | 20 mins
Ricardo Lopes - Business Development Lead SSA, GeoPollWongani Kapowo - Business Development Executive , GeoPoll, Ghana
Why brand should speak local language?
16:10 - 17:00 | Panel Discussion
- How to speak to your customers in their own language?
- Should brands to provide multilingual content?
- To what extend global logos and branding are important?
Adam Byars - Co-Managing Director & Partner, Grid Worldwide BrandingMndeni Mncwango - Senior Marketing Manager, NedbankMatthew Arnold - Head of Media & Analytics, NativeMaher Eldaly - Marketing Director Africa & India, Danone
17:00 | Networking Activity
Hosted by Cote Ouest